[Live-devel] RR and SR mechanism for RTCP on Live555

Sean yunjnz at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 25 19:22:44 PST 2006

--- Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> >Greetings,
> >
> >Can anyone help me for the mechanism of RR and SR
> for
> >RTCP on Live555?
> >Does the RTCP client and server report the RR or SR
> >periodically with the fixed interval? Or the client
> >and server reports the RR or SR in other way?
>

> Remember, You Have Complete Source Code.
>
> The code implements - using the code in the
> "rtcp_from_spec.c" file -
> the exact RTCP retransmission algorithm that is
> described in the
> RTP/RTCP specification (RFC 3550).

Appreciate for your help.
I'm working on the statistics for the transmission,
but I find that even if I get the reception statistics
just after the BYE packet received in the client,
sometimes the packet expected isn't the same as the
number the server actually sent.
Thus I want to know the mechanism for the RR and SR
implementation on Live555.

Thanks a lot.
Sean