[Live-devel] Streaming of h.264

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 26 10:25:53 PST 2006

>I tried to create the h.264framer but to no success. I currently using a
>open source nokia encoder. I believe it is encoding the video in type one.
>Single NAL in one unit.

If your source delivers discrete NAL units, then your subclass of
"H264VideoStreamFramer" (which you will write) will be very simple.
Just implement the "doGetNextFrame()" virtual function (see
"DeviceSource.cpp" for hints on this) to deliver individual NAL units
(don't forget to set "fPresentationTime" properly).  Also, implement
"currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit()" to return True iff the most recently
delivered NAL unit ends a complete video frame.