[Live-devel] streaming live h.264 video

chenjun zjuchenjun at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 27 16:55:25 PST 2006

Hello,everyone.
Happy New Year!
I want to stream live H.264 video which encoded by a hardware encoder(dsp) and every encoded frame is stored in a buffer( e.g. char *encode_data =(char*)malloc(ENCODE_FRAME_LEN) ).

I had read the FAQs of the live555 streaming media libraries, it provides some solutions about how to stream live video. However, I feel it is difficult to fill the code of functions described by FAQs since I didn’t understand the library well.

I defined a subclass of “H264VideoStreamFramer”----“H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer”, it’s member functions include “virtual void doGetNextFrame()”, “void deliverFrame()”, ”virtual Boolean currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit()” … how to fill these functions ?(I read the annotate in “DeviceSource.hh” but puzzled. )

I also defined subclass of “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession” ---
“H264VideoLiveServerMediaSubsession” followed FAQs about the “testOnDemandRTSPServer”…how to fill the member functions? Just followed the existing “FileServerMediaSubsession” subclass?

Could anyone give me some suggests? Thanks in advance.