[Live-devel] Support for H.264

#TAY KOON HWEE# TAYK0004 at ntu.edu.sg
Wed Dec 27 21:26:13 PST 2006

Morning Ross,

Thanks for the guidance. I need some extra hints/help from you.

1) Other than doGetNextFrame, fPresentationTime, currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit, what other functions do I need to implement into the subclass of "H264VideoStreamFramer"?

2) I have read up on writing h.264 RTP. Isit that the payload of the RTP is the same as the payload of the NALU? If not, how do we calculate the payload? My encoder supports NALU type 1-13 which is single NAL unit per frame.

Many thanks in advanced. If I managed to write one out, will upload for anyone who needs it as reference.

kunhui

>I tried to create the h.264framer but to no success. I currently using a
>open source nokia encoder. I believe it is encoding the video in type one.
>Single NAL in one unit.

If your source delivers discrete NAL units, then your subclass of
"H264VideoStreamFramer" (which you will write) will be very simple.
Just implement the "doGetNextFrame()" virtual function (see
"DeviceSource.cpp" for hints on this) to deliver individual NAL units
(don't forget to set "fPresentationTime" properly).  Also, implement
"currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit()" to return True iff the most recently
delivered NAL unit ends a complete video frame.