[Live-devel] H.264 encoder

#TAY KOON HWEE# TAYK0004 at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Dec 28 11:03:30 PST 2006

Hi guys,

upon reading the various posts on h.264, I went to read up more on the encoder

I discovered that it is using Annex B file format and supports NALU type 0-13.

I using the encoder to encode live video from a webcam and then to stream it to a pda

Some of the questions
1) For each encoded frame, do they have different NALU type?
2) For live video, what are the differences in the videoframer compare to a .264 file.

The yuv of the captured video from the webcam is stored in a buffer before being encoded.

Many thanks from a novice in RTP.

kunhui