[Live-devel] Lip synchronization problem

David Arnold darnold at futurec.net
Fri Feb 3 10:39:26 PST 2006

I am experiencing a lip synchronization problem.  I am streaming audio and
video using liveMedia and viewing the stream using VLC and I am noticing
that the audio and video are out of sync.  The video is an MPEG4 ES and the
implementation is derived from FramedSource and uses
MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer.  The audio is MP3 and uses the
MP3AudioFileServerMediaSubsession class.  Using LiveMedia and VLC, should I
expect the audio and video to be synchronized perfectly?  I'm trying to
determine if there is a problem in my code, LiveMedia, VLC, or if what I am
experiencing is normal.

Thank you,

Dave Arnold
Future Concepts, La Verne, CA

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication other than to the person or entity named above is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it from your system.