[Live-devel] Problem on the output file format .mp4 by openRTSP

Brain Lai brainlai1102 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 16:56:12 PST 2006

Dear all:

I tell openRTSP to receive an m4v clip and output to a file of format mp4.
The file can be played by windows media player or other 3rd party ones but
if I run mp4info from mpeg4IP to display its MP4 file summary, an error
occurs "cann't open test.mp4." If the source m4v is converted to mp4 with
FFmpeg or mp4creator, there's nothing wrong with displaying the MP4 file
summary.

As a result, I shall ask whether the output mp4 by openRTSP is a parsable
and editable mp4 file format since my application may need to read/write the
file structure.

Reguards
Brain Lai