[Live-devel] Patch to allow derived class of GroupSock to hook on AddDest() and RemoveDest

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Feb 11 05:06:51 PST 2006

>The following small patch makes addDestination(), removeDestination() and
>output() of GroupSock virtual, to allow the derived class to hook some special
>handling (read: locking in a multithreadaed env) easily.

Have you read
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#threads>?  "Groupsock"
objects (and most other objects in these libraries) are absolutely
not intended to be accessed by multiple threads.

(In any case, I'd be reluctant to turn "Groupsock::output()" into a
virtual function, because it's called so frequently.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>