[Live-devel] How can I get the senders source port when receiving rtp streams with liveMedia?

Florian Winter fw at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Tue Feb 14 17:11:42 PST 2006

Christian Gerstner wrote:

> Hi Ross,
>
> I need to know the source port of a rtp stream I'm receiving with
> live555 Streaming Media.
> Is there an easy way to query this port?
> If yes how can I query it?

hi Christian,

are you trying to implement symmetric RTP
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-RTP+Symmetric) using live555? I tried
something similiar, but it seems that currently it can't be done without
patching live555. the RTPSource needs to remember the address from which
it receives RTP packets and provide a method for querying it...
unfortunately there seems to be no such method at the moment.