[Live-devel] Problem on the output file format .mp4 by openRTSP

Brain Lai BrainLai at HealthGen.net
Thu Feb 16 20:11:00 PST 2006

Dear Ross:

I swear that the openRTSP terminates naturally with the RTCP "Bye". However,
the utiliy "mp4info" from MPEG4IP with the heighest debug level  reports
"MP4ERROR: MP4ReadBytes: not enough bytes, reached end-of-file." It seems
that there's something wrong with the output file format. As I know, the
utilities provided by MPEG4IP apply their library libmp4v2 to edit mp4 file.
The library first opens the specified mp4 file and parses it before any
operation. If something bad at the end is encountered, it reports an error
message and stops working.

Well It's helpful for liveMedia to output a playable mp4 file. However, it
should be more useful if the output file is editable. libmp4v2 is so far I
know the one of the open libraries to edit mp4 file with rich
functionalities for reading/writing tracks, metadata, hint information, and
so forth. It would be wonderful if the two packages can cooperate with each
other.

PS: here are part of the debug messages at the end
.
.
.
ReadAtom: type = "pmax" data-size = 4 (0x4) hdr 8
Read:  bytes = 1462 (0x000005b6)
ReadAtom: pos = 0x8f2450
ReadAtom: type = "dmax" data-size = 4 (0x4) hdr 8
Read:  milliSecs = 33 (0x00000021)
ReadAtom: pos = 0x8f245c
ReadAtom: type = "payt" data-size = 15 (0xf) hdr 8
Read:  payloadNumber = 1611484496 (0x600d4d50)
MP4ERROR: MP4ReadBytes: not enough bytes, reached end-of-file

        Brain Lai
        HealthGen Blog (HealthGen.NET)
        <http://www.HealthGen.net/>