[Live-devel] Sending RR Report back to server from openRTSP test program

Ryan Wong ryan.wong at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:22:34 PST 2006

Hi,
I would like to send RR Reports back to streaming server using the
included test program openRTSP. Can some kind souls kindly give me
some pointers on where to start? I've looked through playCommon.cpp
but it is quite different from test*Receiver.cpp.

Here's an excerpt of FAQ for sending RR Reports back to test*Receiver.cpp.

http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#unicast
(optional) If you also want to send RTCP packets (e.g., RTCP Receiver
Reports) back to the streaming server, then you will also need to do
the following - in "test*Receiver.cpp" - after you've created
"rtcpGroupsock". (In this example, suppose that the streaming server
has IP address "10.20.30.40" and uses port 6667 for RTCP.):

    struct in_addr serverAddress;
    serverAddress.s_addr = our_inet_addr("10.20.30.40");
    rtcpGroupsock.changeDestinationParameters(serverAddress, 6667, 255);

Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,
ryan