[Live-devel] CPU usage abnormalities

Michael Kostukov the-bishop at rogers.com
Mon Feb 20 10:55:54 PST 2006

I was not really asking what is wrong with MY code. I have a reason to
believe that something is wrong with the RTCP implementation in live555-
maybe I'm wrong. Ok, I'll rephrase my question. What could possibly
cause your RTCP client implementation to constantly "swamp" server with
RTCP reports? That's what happens in my case- according to a network
meter the client application I wrote is sending nearly 1MB of data per
second back to the server in RTCP reports- effectively driving both
client and server CPU usage to 100% and swamping the network. None of my
own code is contacting the server- it is the RTCP code that is sending
all that data...

Thanks,

Michael