[Live-devel] is it a bug?

Zhixue Zhang zhangzx at rcs-9000.com
Sat Feb 25 10:11:08 PST 2006

Dear Ross Finlayson,
In my rtspclient, my destruction function is as follow:
if( m_pMediaSession != NULL  )
	{

	MediaSubsessionIterator iter(*m_pMediaSession);
	MediaSubsession* subsession;
	while ((subsession = iter.next()) != NULL)
	{
		m_pRTSPClient->teardownMediaSubsession(*subsession);
	}

	m_pRTSPClient->teardownMediaSession(*m_pMediaSession);
	}

	Medium::close(m_pSink);
	Medium::close(m_pMediaSession);
	Medium::close(m_pRTSPClient);
	m_pEnv->reclaim();

	delete m_pScheduler;
If rttsp server has died,  in
RTSPClient::teardownMediaSubsession(MediaSubsession& subsession)
getResponse("TEARDOWN", bytesRead, responseCode, firstLine,
nextLineStart)) can not return. It will wait indefinitely, because in
RTSPClient::getResponse1there is not timeout in readSocket(envir(),
fInputSocketNum, &firstByte, 1, fromAddress).
Even if RTSPClient::getresponse() return, "delete[]
(char*)subsession.sessionId" and   " subsession.sessionId = NULL" cannt
be executed for "break".

Maybe I am wrong somewhere, thanks for you advice.
-----ÓʼþÔ­¼þ-----
·¢¼þÈË: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com [mailto:live-devel-bounces at ns.
live555.com] ´ú±í Ross Finlayson
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2006Äê2ÔÂ24ÈÕ 17:14
ÊÕ¼þÈË: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [Live-devel] is it a bug?

At 09:10 PM 2/23/2006, you wrote:
>If rtsp sever is terminated first.
>It seems that rtsp client can't teardownMediaSession(*session) and
>teardownMediaSubsession(*subsession).
>And rtspclient can't release its resources.

I'm not sure.  If the server dies during the session, then client's
"sendRequest()" call for the RTSP "TEARDOWN" command will probably
fail, and then "teardownMediaSubsession()" will just return
False.  Most clients, however, will probably just ignore that result,
and continue cleaning up as usual.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>