[Live-devel] Makefile issue

Cian Cullinan cian.cullinan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:46:27 PST 2006

Hi,
I'm seeing the following Make error when doing a:

$ genMakefiles linux
$ make

on my Fedora Core 4 box:
ld -olibBasicUsageEnvironment.a -L. -r -Bstatic \
        BasicUsageEnvironment0.o BasicUsageEnvironment.o
BasicTaskScheduler0.o BasicTaskScheduler.o DelayQueue\.o
BasicHashTable.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/livemedia/live/BasicUsageEnvironment'
cd testProgs ; make
c++ -c -Iinclude -I../UsageEnvironment/include -I../groupsock/include
-I. -O2 -DSOCKLEN_T=socklen_t -D_LARGEFI\LE_SOURCE=1 -Wall -DBSD=1
AudioInputDevice.cpp
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/livemedia/live/testProgs'
c++ -c -I../UsageEnvironment/include -I../groupsock/include
-I../liveMedia/include -I../BasicUsageEnvironment/\include -I. -O2
-DSOCKLEN_T=socklen_t -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -Wall -DBSD=1
testMP3Streamer.cpp
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../liveMedia/libliveMedia.a',
needed by `testMP3Streamer'.  Stop.

The make completes, but returns with a non-zero exit status which
causes problems with scripts.
I had a bit of a look at the makefiles and tried a few things but to
no avail. A good clue is that the make process seems to handle the
linking of the groupsock library fine, but chokes on the liveMedia
one. There are some obvious different naming conventions between the
groupsock and livemedia Makefile that I thought might be the key, but
no luck.
Anyone else seeing this, fixed it?

Cian