[Live-devel] mpeg-4 multicast?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 2 13:56:39 PST 2006

At 12:25 PM 1/2/2006, you wrote:
>Hi, Ross,
>
>I run the testMPEG4VideoStream.exe, there is some
>problems I cannot understand.
>
>I got the test.m4v video file as you told throught
>openRTSP, but I cannot play
>this file directly by VLC, QT, or realPlayer.

That's because those media players don't play MPEG-4 Elementary
Stream Video files.

Although you can't play these files directly with a media player, you
can play it (in VLC or QuickTime Player) by streaming it (using
"testMPEG4VideoStreamer" or "testOnDemandRTSPServer") and viewing the
stream (using the "rtsp://" URL).

>  I don't
>understand much MPEG-4 specification, can you give me
>some idea by which specification does this file
>is made

Yes, the MPEG-4 Video standard is defined in the "ISO_IEC 14496-2"
specification.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>