[Live-devel] Adding KeepAlive method in RTSPClient

Glen Gray glen at lincor.com
Fri Jan 6 09:18:59 PST 2006

Ross Finlayson wrote:

>> My main question is about the timer side of things, does liveMedia
>> have a mechanism for this ?
>

> Yes, of course:
>         TaskScheduler::scheduleDelayedTask()

Excellent, thanks.

> The RTSP client implementation already supports "GET_PARAMETER":
>         RTSPClient::getMediaSessionParameter()

Yeah, I supplied the patch for that functionality :).
I may have to tweak the function to ensure it behalves correctly when no
parameter is passed in. But I've not tested that yet so I'm not sure.

> So you should be able to do what you want to do without modifiying
> "RTSPClient" at all (instead, just modify your code that uses
> "RTSPClient").

Well both will be required. SETUP responds differently when KeepAlive
method is used, so I'll have to make a change for that at the least.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Glen Gray <glen at lincor.com>              Digital Depot, Thomas Street
Senior Software Engineer                            Dublin 8, Ireland