[Live-devel] RTSP TEARDOWN with Axis

Joseph Lazar jlazar at xperts.hu
Thu Jan 12 13:11:45 PST 2006

Dear Ross,

As I've already informed you live555 is working fine with my Axis
camera, though I've found the following strange behavior. When I stop a
stream and then (within a short period of time) restart it, the camera
is not able to restart its streaming. With tcpdump I've looked at the
communication between camera and an Axis supplied ActiveX (which runs
under Windows from a IE browser) and seen that Axis "closes" both
tracks, basically sending two teardowns, one with trackID=1 and an other
one with trackID=2. After this the camera is able to reopen its stream.
In live555 teardown is done only once (without trackIDs). What is the
standard, is it a firmware problem of the camera or how this could be
corrected - simply put - is there a quick solution to this?

-- joseph