[Live-devel] Reg. converting mpeg1/2 to mpeg2ts

Raja Jessayen raja.jessayen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:44:59 PST 2006

Hi,

For a future project requirement need to take standard mpeg1 and mpeg2 files
(PS)  and convert / stream it as mpeg2 TS.
Just want to know that the sample program
testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream created .ts file is as per standards.
Because when I analyzed the .ts file with mpeg2T analyzer it showed more
warnings / errors and parsing got stopped. But it is
playable using VLC.

1. In this process Instead of writing into file, could it be possible to
directly stream it after conversion on-the-fly. ( Could I follow
   testMPEG2TransportStreamer for this).

2. How could I unicast the stream to particular IP and port instead of
multicast.

3.Heard that most STB's understand raw UDP  for streaming MPEG 2T . ( Only
few understands RTP streaming). Is there any provision
   for this available. Also is there any standard available for UDP
streaming in this case.

4. I have a live mpeg1/2 program relayed from darwin streaming server. Can I
use this as a source, convert it intoMPEG2 TS and stream it
    using this library. (kind of transcoder).

Thanks,

Raja.