[Live-devel] Reg. converting mpeg1/2 to mpeg2ts

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed Jan 18 15:39:02 PST 2006

> Hi DJ & Rose,
>
> Thanks for your responses.
> I found that these error are seen when trying to convert mpeg1
> files to
> mpeg2ts.
> There are no problems when converting mpeg2 PS to mpeg2ts.
>
> I have attached s sample PrjectX log taken while converting a mpeg1
> file for
> your kind inspection.

1: The audio is not in the PMT table (minor issue possibly caused by #2)
2: PTS information in the MPEG-TS is completely messed up/missing.
(Project X recreates and resynchronizes the audio PTS)

I believe you cannot simply convert MPEG1 -> MPEG2-TS. it might work
by accident, but MPEG1 is quite different then MPEG2-PS.

DJ