[Live-devel] Re: live-devel Digest, Vol 27, Issue 14

jiri.pinkava at vscht.cz jiri.pinkava at vscht.cz
Thu Jan 19 23:07:34 PST 2006

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:58:07 -0800
> From: Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>
> Subject: Re: [Live-devel] use PTS from MPEG PS/PES stream to
> 	synchronize streams
> To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
> 	<live-devel at ns.live555.com>
>
> At 12:30 PM 1/18/2006, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >In my project I need to synchronize MPEG1/2 PS/PES streams by PTS
> >present in header(source is DVB-T card + MPEG2 extractor). It seems
> >now not be implemented or am I wrong?
>
> I'm not sure (because it wasn't clear from your question exactly what
> you're trying to do).
>
> However, presentation times for streamed MPEG-1 or 2 Video streams
> are generated from the 'time code' and 'temporal reference'
> information that's present in the Video (Elementary) stream
> itself.  (See "MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer".)
>

> 	Ross Finlayson
> 	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
> 	<http://www.live555.com/>

I'm study source code before send previous message and know how it is work, but I was not sure if there is not another way.
I need synchronize MPEG PES usign PTS in packets header. I have now done code which do this and work well, but it is not now abolutly clean. It is good idea send patch to this mailinglist?

If I read source code i may be found a bug (or my mistaken :).
Patch is included.