[Live-devel] PATCH RTSP KeepAlive Support.

Glen Gray glen at lincor.com
Tue Jan 24 22:38:07 PST 2006

On 24 Jan 2006, at 22:17, Ross Finlayson wrote:

>> Well, I guess I'm not clear on which part offends, the fact that keep
>> alive is enabled by modifying the user agent string or the fact that
>> the current code seems to ignore the _KA if it's appended to a
>> string, such the one generated by vlc/livemedia. Either way it's not
>> great, I will admit. And yes, the Kasenna server really does care
>> about this. Appending _KA to the user_agent string is the only way to
>> activate this functionality according to their documentation.
>
> Ugh...  OK, what I'll probably do then is add a member function to
> "RTSPClient" that allows you to add an optional string suffix to
> the user agent string.  That's still a hack, but a little more
> general - e.g., in the non-Kasenna case the suffix might just be
> something like " [VLC]".

Let me know when it's up and I give it a whirl. Also, please bear in
mind my comments that the existing user-agent string "Media Player
Name (liveMedia [date string])" does not work with a _KA appended to
it. I don't know if it's the spaces of the braces, but that was the
whole reason for the kludgy VLC_LIVE_PLAYER_KA string. Just wanted to
clarify that.

--
Glen Gray <glen at lincor.com>              Digital Depot, Thomas Street
Senior Software Engineer                            Dublin 8, Ireland