[Live-devel] what's the mechanism used by live.com for mitigation of packet loss?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 25 20:50:47 PST 2006

At 08:40 PM 1/25/2006, you wrote:
>Hi all:
>what's the mechanism used by live.com for mitigation of packet loss?
>Is Forward Error Correction or sth. else?

First, we're not "LIVE.COM" anymore.  We now use the domain name "LIVE555.COM".

The "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" libraries currently don't implement
any of the packet loss mitigation methods that are being standardized
by the IETF (i.e., RTCP-based retransmission or FEC).

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>