[Live-devel] about receive the mpeg-4 multicast

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 31 11:57:52 PST 2006

>I have run the testMPEG4VideoStream.exe, and I can
>receive the video through VLC by input rtsp address
>as you said.
>
>I am wondering whether I can use vlc to receive the
>mulitcast video by a sdp file?

That should work - provided, of course, that the SDP file correctly
describes the multicast stream.  E.g., you could use the SDP
description that you get by running "openRTSP -V" on the "rtsp://" URL.

But why bother with this?  It's better just to give VLC the "rtsp://"
URL, so that the SDP description gets generated and handled automatically.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>