[Live-devel] Streaming from one source to multiple sink

Manuel Bernal Llinares mbernal at dif.um.es
Wed Jul 12 08:44:56 PDT 2006

El Miércoles, 12 de Julio de 2006 17:21, zze-RAMARD Yoann RD-TECH-GRE
escribió:
> Hi,
> My problem is simple : I do not want to use multicast streaming. I have
> a unicast source that is streamed to a relay and I want to relay it to
> multiple destinations using unicast (because of an eventual transcode
> for some destination). One unicast sink&socket for one destination. If I
> try to play directly the source for all the sinks, I get the normal
> error that I attemp to read more than once at the same time. How can I
> do if it is possible to?
> Yoann

Uuuumm, this is quite interesting, I think you should place something like a
proxy between the source (which is only one) and the sinks (which are many).
This way, your proxy would read each frame from the source and would replay
this frame over each sink. This could be an initial approach.

--
Manuel Bernal Llinares
Dept. Ingeniería de la Información y las Comunicaciones

"Everyone is entitled to an *informed* opinion."
		-- Harlan Ellison