[Live-devel] RTSP Documentation

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 13 19:42:05 PDT 2006

At 08:58 AM 7/13/2006, you wrote:
>Hello, I've downloaded the Live555 library ("live555-latest.tar.gz") from
>http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public/
>
>Right now I have a lot of questions about RTSP. I've been reading the RFC
>drafts from rtsp.org
>(http://www.rtsp.org/2003/drafts/draft05/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-05.txt),
>  among other things.
>
>How can I find the version of the RFC that was used when writing my version
>of the library?

RFC 2326, which defined RTSP version 1.0.  The newer "2326bis"
revision will be a new (& not quite backward compatible) RTSP
version, 2.0, that we (and most other people) don't (yet) support.

>   How can I find out what parts of the RTSP standard are
>implemented?

The best way is to look at the code.  If you have questions about
*specific* features of RTSP, you can ask on the mailing list.  If you
have questions about 'trick mode' features, then please read the FAQ:
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>