[Live-devel] troubles with Vidiator

Andrew Voznytsa andrew.voznytsa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 06:40:34 PDT 2006

Hello,

I built 3GPP client based on liveMedia library - liveMedia works
perfectly - pre-recorded and live content from Darwin and Helix servers
is received without any problems.

Recently I tried Vidiator and in case of live streaming (over 3G
channels) got problem - my MediaSink::afterGettingFrame() receives time
stamps (for audio frames) which are behind previous frame or +80 seconds
ahead or even more (rtpSource()->setPacketReorderingThresholdTime() was
up to 10 seconds). Problem exists in case if MPEG-4 video and MPEG-4
audio (LATM) is streamed and only in case of live streaming.

I tried capturing traffic with Ethereal and analyzing RTP timestamps -
they looks ok (monotony increasing). What I noticed that it depends on
RTP/RTCP receiving order - if video packets or audio RTCP comes first
then everything works ok.

I guess that it is somehow related to liveMedia internals. Could you
give me any idea where to dig? If you need I may provide Ethereal dumps

--
Best regards,
Andrew Voznytsa