[Live-devel] Playing streams on relay machine

Frances Flood fflood at eee.strath.ac.uk
Tue Jul 18 09:43:02 PDT 2006

Hi,

I've got a program which receives audio and video streams and uses
live555 to relay them to other machines. However, I now want to be able
to play the streams (in sync if I've got both audio and video) on the
machine where my relay runs. Looking at a recent posting on "Streaming
from one source to multiple sink", I'm wondering if that's what I need
to be doing? Could you also point me to a suitable example in the test
programs for the sink I need to play the streams in, say, VLC? I've
tried various ones, but just seem to get port errors, so don't know
whether I've got the wrong example or am doing something else wrong.

Many thanks,
Frances