[Live-devel] RTP to RTCP for Helix

Glen Gray glen at lincor.com
Fri Jul 21 02:33:30 PDT 2006

Hey Brian,

arcon media wrote:
>>  Perhaps.  But it would be much better (and probably simpler) to use
> our own RTSP/RTP server implementation, with FFMPEG (e.g.) used as an
> encoder.
>

> Thanks for your fast answer. It’s better with a own server
> implementation, but our company has bought a licence for Helix. This is
> my problem. I am looking for a solution for my problem.

I think Ross meant that you should use the Live555 RTSP/RTP server in
conjunction with FFMPEG to get the correct live streams TO the Helix
server. i.e. As opposed to using VLC to do the streaming to the server.

--
Glen Gray <glen at lincor.com>              Digital Depot, Thomas Street
Senior Software Engineer                            Dublin 8, Ireland