[Live-devel] Patch for wis-streamer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 21 13:35:46 PDT 2006

>This is a small patch to wis-streamer app to make it work on a
>big-endian ARM (using snapgear 3.3.0, linux-2.6.x). It declares
>videoType explicitly to be unsigned long long (64-bit long) instead
>of 32-bit int. Internally in the wis-go7007 driver, during ioctl
>call, it is compared to a 64-bit u_int, and for some reason the arm
>compiler does not explicitly upconvert from 32-bit declared int to
>64-bit final value, so the ioctl returns EINVAL and breaks the
>program, unable to set video type. With the patch all works well.

Thanks.  I will add this to the released code shortly.

>I suppose it is equally possible to patch the driver

Actually, patching the driver would be better, because it would
prevent other applications from running into the same problem.  If
you can generate an equivalent patch for the driver code, then please
send it to me, and I'll see that it gets added to WIS (now called
Micronas)'s released driver code.  (I'm in close contact with these
folks.)