[Live-devel] Streaming High Data Rate Video with DarwinInjector

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jul 25 12:30:51 PDT 2006

>I have a requirement to stream high datarate video in the 10 - 20 megabits
>/sec range using the DarwinInjector class.   I've tried this and it appears
>to stall occasionally and never hit the target frames per second of 30 fps.
>I can play the movie directly from file, so it appears not to be a decode /
>playback issue.  Any suggestions?

This sounds like a networking/TCP issue between the DarwinInjector
application and the DSS.  (Recall that injection into a DSS uses
RTP/RTCP-over-TCP.)  Are these running on the same computer, or on
separate computers?  If they're on separate computers, then perhaps
you're getting network congestion.  If they're on the same computer,
then perhaps there's some OS TCP buffering parameter that you can
tweak??