[Live-devel] h263/mpeg4 streaming to nokia phones?

Emiliano Parasassi millallo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 01:43:40 PDT 2006

Zoltan NAGY wrote:
> Ross Finlayson wrote:
>>> Hello list!
>>>
>>> I've been trying - unsuccessfully - to use testOnDemandRTSPServer,
>>> testH263VideoStreamer and testMPEG4VideoStreamer to stream
>>> videos to my Nokia N70.
>>>
>> Most likely, the problem is that your cellular phone provider does
>> not provide access to any RTSP/RTP (or any other) stream that comes
>> from outside its network.  Many (although not all) cell phone
>> providers are restrictive like this.
>>

> ok, that's not the problem.
> the telephone was able to connect to the server, but timed out.. at
> least the
> telephone said that.
>
> the full log is available at http://nefty.hu/~nagyz/live-log.txt
>
> ideas?
>
> Zoltan

Are you sure that RTP/RTCP packets sent by server arrive to client? Most
problably they are dropped by your provider. Without them nothing can be
played. RTSP(tcp) is used only to start and control the stream and seems to work,
but the true stream is in RTP(udp) packets, and RTCP(udp) is used to provide quality
information of the RTP flow.

Bye
Emiliano