[Live-devel] Bad Network Situation

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 27 18:23:08 PDT 2006

>Dear all
>
>I have met a problem.
>
>When I try to stream video by Streaming Server on my dsl network,
>It's data almost overload the bandwidth and made a serious packet
>loss.

If you are trying to stream a video whose bitrate exceeds the
capacity of your network, then there's not much you can do - other
than reducing the bitrate of your video (i.e., reencoding it).

If you are streaming MPEG-1 or 2 video, then you can reduce the
bitrate by streaming I-frames only (search for "iFramesOnly" in the
code).

>I think this caused by my pool upload bandwidth.
>
>Could I control the sending frequency by somewhat?? (Like RTCP)

No - RTCP has nothing to do with this.  Your video's bitrate is just
too high for your network.