[Live-devel] Receiving some packets after the session is complete

Pradeep Kumar PALAPARTHY p.pradeep09 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 02:21:06 PDT 2006

Hi,

Im using live 555 testprogs for streaming. I have started streaming using
testOnDemandRTSPServer.
I have developed some customized clients which uses mpeg4ip rtsp libraries.
When i connect to server live555 server, i found that after sending all the
rtp packets, still im receiving RTCP packets. I found this by running
ethereal and it is sending to data odd port numbers.
for example if my client ports are 1024-1025, im receiving packets to port
1025. I see same the thing for both Audio & Video.

In client logic, i waiting on time out since i dont have the playtime(npt
range). In live555 when i stream TS file(tranport streams) using rtsp i
found that the npt range is npt: 0 --

I gave a timeout of 5secs, but since im receiving the rtcp packets its not
getting timedout.

Can anyone help i this regard.

Thanks in advance,
Pradeep