[Live-devel] stopPlaying()

barounis at ceid.upatras.gr barounis at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Jun 6 07:52:10 PDT 2006

Αρχικό μήνυμα από  Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>:

> >I would like to have the ability to stop and then play another file
> >during the
> >same session RTSPServer from the RTSP server side. This means that I have
> >call the MediaSink::stopPlaying or the destructor ~Mediasink().
>
> Just the former.  Because you want to keep the RTP session intact,
> you should *not* close the (RTP)Sink object.
>
> To change the input source for a running stream, you should do the
> following, in order:
>
>          sink->stopPlaying();
>          Medium::close(oldSource);
>          create newSource
>          sink->startPlaying(newSource, ...);

Hello,

I am working on the RTPTransmissionStats::noteIncomingRR() method and after
having implemented the "sink->stopPlaying()" I am looking for a way to implement
"Medium::close(oldSource)".

Having problem with the "Medium* medium" pointer that close() takes as argument
can you please tell me the name of the pointer that I should use? I have also
noticed that the close() function is called many times during the streaming and
I don't know the proper pointer for the object that must be close()ed.

Thank you very much
Kostas