[Live-devel] Error while streaming using live 555 test programs

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 7 00:31:59 PDT 2006

>Im running onDemandRTSPServer for rtsp streaming.
>I have written some sample programs to connect the rtsp server using
>mp4player rtsp liraries.
>When i send two SETUP(rstp command) requests for both audio & video,
>the session is getting increased in response to the second setup request.
>
>Following are my requests * responses
>
>1Request
>
>SETUP rtsp://192.168.1.196:8554/mpeg1or2AudioVideoTest/track1 RTSP/1.0
>CSeq: 1
>Transport: RTP/AVP;unicast;client_port:1024-1025
>
>Response is
>
>RTSP 200 OK
>CSeq: 1
>Transport:
>RTP/AVP;unicast;destination:<http://192.168.1.196>192.168.1.196;client_port:1024-1025;server_port:32780-32780
>Session: 32

Bzzt!  Wrong!  Our RTSP server implementation does not return a
"User-Agent" string in its responses.  You've been busted :-) -
either you didn't record the protocol exchange properly, or else you
modified our RTSP server implementation (in which case you can't
expect much support).

If you want to record the real RTSP protocol exchange by our RTSP
server implementation, then add
         #define DEBUG 1
to near the start of the file "RTSPServer.cpp".

And if you want to see an example of a RTSP client that correctly
plays the "mpeg1or2AudioVideoTest" stream, then run "openRTSP", with
the "-V" option (see <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/>).

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>