[Live-devel] increase of buffer size

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 14 13:53:43 PDT 2006

At 04:32 AM 6/14/2006, you wrote:
>Hello ,
>
>I am working with the framedSource::getNextFrame(). there is a need
>for me to get as large a read as possible and fill it up in the fTo
>bufer. Can someone tell me how to increase the buffer size for this.

The buffer (and thus buffer size) is specified by the 'sink' object
that's at the end of the chain - i.e., the object that you call
"startPlaying()" on.

For example, for "FileSink", there is a buffer size parameter.

If your sink is a "RTPSink" subclass - i.e., for sending RTP packets
- then you specify the buffer size by setting
"OutPacketBuffer::maxSize" *before* you create the "RTPSink" object.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>