[Live-devel] [live-devel] Specify network adapter

Lukasz Kondrad vlcplayer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 06:04:42 PDT 2006

Hi there.

Since my last mail got no answer, i will try a new one, cleaner.

I have two network adapters, one eth0 (ethernet) and the second dvb0_0
(created on dvb card).
I try to decode a dvb-h signal and to do that I am using Vlc player. When I
transmit a multicast, ts over udp/ip, I can specify the interface's address
(network adapter's address) in vlc so it takes the stream from dvb0_0 and
the multicast is decoded. But when I transmit mpeg4 video over rtp, vlc uses
livedotcom module which is based on live555 library. The live555 doesn't
take into account the interface address which I specified and it tried to
take the stream from eth0.

My question: how can I specify on which network addapter shall live555 look
on.

BR
Lukasz