[Live-devel] Groupsock handling in OnDemandServerMediaSubsession.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 15 08:03:45 PDT 2006

>- I found a compromise that should make everybody happy :  The set
>of "setsockoption" could be done after the socket binding. It would
>avoid LiveMedia to open a socket which is already in use and enable
>debugging applicaction to inspect the LiveMedia's UDP sockets.
>
>- If you agree the RTCP groupsock creation in
>OnDemandServerMediaSubsession.cpp will have to be followed by an
>error handling in case the bind() fails (getSourcePort() returns
>False in this case). The rest of my proposed algorithm to optimize
>trials could remain in my own code...
>
>What's your feeling about that ?

Please send a complete set of proposed patches to the current source
code, and I'll take a look at it.

(I'm a bit worried that changing the order that
"setsockopt(SO_REUSE...)" and "bind()" is done might prevent pairs of
applications like "testMP3Streamer" and "testMP3Receiver" from
working together on the same (Unix) host - if started in either
order.  So please test for that also.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>