[Live-devel] use with uclibc

Lees, Christian Christian.Lees at dsto.defence.gov.au
Sun Jun 18 20:39:58 PDT 2006

Has anyone gotten the LIVE libraries to work under a system using
uClibc.  I have managed to get the libraries and test programs to
compile, but when I go to run the test programs I get the warnings

# ./testMPEG4VideoStreamer
18:34:17 Groupsock(4: 232.81.158.102, 18888, 255): failed to join group:
setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP) error: No such device
Unable to determine our source address: This computer has an invalid IP
address: 0x0
18:34:17 Groupsock(5: 232.81.158.102, 18889, 255): failed to join group:
setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP) error: No such device
Unable to determine our source address: This computer has an invalid IP
address: 0x0
Play this stream using the URL "rtsp://0.0.0.0:8554/testStream"
Beginning streaming...
Beginning to read from file...

I can connect from another machine, it gets the SDP information right,
but no RTP packets arrive.  Multicast is enabled in the kernel.  Has
this got something to do with uClibc's incomplete libresolv?

Any Suggestions? Other then moving to glibc.  The machine is a Via C3-2,
kernel 2.6.10 with the adeos extensions.

TIA
  Christian