[Live-devel] A problem about openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jun 25 08:18:02 PDT 2006

>   I add the extension ".mp4" to the file "video-MP4V-ES-1"

No, that won't work, because
         1/ The ".mp4" file extension denotes a 'MPEG-4 format' file
- *not* a MPEG-4 Video Elementary Stream file.
         2/ QuickTime Player cannot play MPEG-4 Video Elementary Stream files

>  result in "video-MP4V-ES-1.mp4" follow the discription. then I use
> the QuickTime player to play it, but it can't work with the error
> like:"the video-MP4V-ES-1.mp4 is not a valid MPEG-4 file, No 'moov'
> autom could be found".

The error message is correct.  It means exactly what it says.

>  I am puzzled about the problem. any suggestion would be appreciated!

To output a proper ".mp4' file (to stdout), use the "-4" option.  See
<http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/#quicktime>

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>