[Live-devel] testMPEG2TransportStreamer to Amino STB

Morgan Tørvolt morgan.torvolt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 10:22:08 PDT 2006

Hi again. Thanks for the response.

Is there not a way to use Live555 for unicast UDP streaming? In the
testMPEG2TransportStreamer.cpp source code I find this:

  // Note: This is a multicast address.  If you wish to stream using
  // unicast instead, then replace this string with the unicast address
  // of the (single) destination.  (You may also need to make a similar
  // change to the receiver program.)

Just below the IP address. Both unicast works flawlessly and multicast
works partially (I think the problem is my switch actually) from VLC,
so the STB definately knows how to handle both multicast and unicast.
I use these URLs on the STB:
(Streaming server IP: 10.0.0.20, STB IP: 10.0.0.25)
unicast: udp://10.0.0.20:1234
multicast: igmp://239.255.0.1:1234
And of course set the destination IP and port in VLC.
When I use your program i get a little garbage in the top part of my
TV, but that is all.

-Morgan Tørvolt-