[Live-devel] "PAUSE" with new version

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 29 01:56:04 PDT 2006

>When my application is built with live.2006.01.05, it works fairly
>well when I issued "PAUSE" and "RESUME" command. But when I update
>live555 to live.2006.05.17 to support RTP over TCP, problems
>happened. When I issued "PAUSE", the program is frozen at singlestep().
>
>I have tried my best to test it, but failed.:(
>Can you tell me possible reason and possible solution?

Not really.  Note that "RTSPClient::pauseMediaSession()" deliberately
does not look for a response to the "PAUSE" when were're streaming
RTP-over-TCP (because in that case, the TCP connection is being read
instead by a handler that's extracting embedded RTP/RTCP
packets).  That should have prevented any problems with "PAUSE" and
RTP-over-TCP, so I don't know why you might still be experiencing
problems with this.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>