[Live-devel] how to stream multiple files in one stream

Wed Mar 1 01:50:11 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 16:36 -0800, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> >I am trying to stream multiple MPEG2 TS files after each other in the
> >same MP2T Stream. For example i have 3 files that simply need to loop
> >endlessly, so instead of reopening the same file as in the test*
> >programs i open the next file, but this seems to seriously confuse VLC
> >(the player). Is there something special i have to do to start a new
> >file in the same stream ?
>
> This may be a VLC issue rather than a "LIVE555 Streaming Media"
> issue: Do you get the same problem if you play your files one after
> the other locally in VLC (e.g., from a playlist)?

The files seem to be OK, at least a normal playlist in VLC plays them.

> You may also need to set the "discontinuity_indicator" flag in the
> first PCR of each new file's transport stream.

I created the TS-files with VLC, so i have no idea if the
"discontinuity_indicator" is set. Would creating the files with the
testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream.cpp set that flag. This is the
"Marker" or "M" flag , right ? If so than i never see that flag in the
stream when using Ethereal.

- Erwin