[Live-devel] live audio source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 2 04:37:27 PST 2006

See <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#doc>

>Now I'd like to add G.729 Encoder and Decoder as filters for my live
>source. What is the right way to do it ?

Define - for each - a new class that's a subclass of
"FramedFilter".  Your new class should implement the virtual function
"doGetNextFrame()" by calling "getNextFrame" on "fInputSource", then
processing (encoding or decoding) the input frame, then delivering
the result to the reader.  (You may also find
"liveMedia/DeviceSource.cpp" useful.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>