[Live-devel] About the frame size in PCM audio source

=?gb2312?B?0ra9o779?= jjye at jdl.ac.cn
Tue Mar 7 17:42:04 PST 2006

    I find in our libary that the preferred frame size of PCM audio sourc is close to 20 ms both from file or audio input device.
I want to know why we choose 20ms size and dont choose bigger size?
    in my program, i need capture audio data from a particular audio input device through parallel port and stream it. The program is that for the particular of the device, i only can get the audio data from paralle port wait for every 500ms time, one time get 500ms data. so i want to set the frame size of 500ms in doGetNextFrame() function.
    I think streaming 500ms size per frame also can be fluencily. but the test fact is that the realplayer can recive and play fluencily but the quicktime player couldnt play the audio fluencily. What is the reason?  is the cache buffer in quicktime player too small to receive a 500ms size data one time?
    need your help! 3x