[Live-devel] X-SV3V-ES video type

n0dalus n0dalus+live555 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 19:40:15 PST 2006

On 3/8/06, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> >Failed to initiate "video/X-SV3V-ES" RTP subsession: RTP payload
> >format unknown or not supported
>
> See <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#payload-format-not-supported>

Thanks, I was aware of that.

> I don't know what video type SV3V-ES is, I think it might be a
> sorenson codec? Probably SVQ3? Any way to hack mplayer/live555 to
> treat it as such?

What I was wondering is if this is really a supported format/payload
but with a different name, then it might be possible to get it to play
without too much work. SVQ3 (what I think this particular video codec
is) is supported by Mplayer, so if there was a way to get the live
library to pass it on and tell mplayer what it is (you can see my
attempt at this in my other post), it might play the video.

VLC seems to treat X-SV3V-ES as X-QUICKTIME (and an earlier revision
assigns it a fourcc of SVQ3, but I can't find that now):
https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/file/trunk/modules/demux/livedotcom.cpp?rev=9607

I would really like to see support for this in the live library. I
will see what I can do myself but I'm not sure I will get far.

Also, is there anything I can do about the errors I am getting with
the later versions (mentioned in my other post)?

Thanks for your time,
n0dalus.

PS: Sorry if this gets sent to the list twice, there was some problems
the first time I sent it.