[Live-devel] Output mp4 for PCMA or mp3

Brain Lai brainlai1102 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 11:18:20 PST 2006

Dear all:

There may be something wrong when outputing mp4 for PCMA or mp3 with
QuickTimeFileSink class.

1. For PCMA, it can be encapsulated in an mp4 file appropriately. I tried
VLC to play locally and it works but failed if I tell VLC to play the output
mp4 file from QuickTimeFileSink. VLC reports the codec is not found. Is
their anything lost ? Or it is not defined to put alaw audio in an mp4 file?

2. It  has no problem  for  VLC to  output mp3 in  an  mp4 file. However, it
seems that QuickTimeFileSink doesn't support this yet. Will it require a lot
of modifications to add this feature? Some hints?

Reguards.
Brain Lai

--
HealthGen Blog: the way to health.