[Live-devel] problems with in_rtp.dll

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 15 11:48:17 PST 2006

At 08:18 AM 3/15/2006, you wrote:
>Hi...any news about this issue?

It is a low priority task for me, but I'm currently taking a look at it.

>I have some questions...I am streaming from the example
>"testOnDemandRTSPServer" and using the dll in winamp to receive that
>streaming, and when I , for example, play a streamed song, then stop it ,
>and then again start streaming the same song, it is not streamed (or
>received?) correctly....It plays aprxs. 5 seconds, then stops, starts again,
>it stops, etc, etc... How can I fix this? Is the problem on the RTSP Server?

No, this problem is inside Winamp - i.e., not in the "in_rtp.dll"
plugin.  I know of no way to fix (or even diagnose) this problem,
because it's occurring inside Winamp itself (which is closed source).  Sorry.

>Another problem is that if I load a list of rtsp:// urls in winamp, I play
>the files, and then try to clear the playlist, winamp shuts down. This is
>not happening with any other types of files or with non-rtsp urls.

I may also take a look at this.

In general, though, I recommend using VLC <http://www.videolan.org/>
rather than Winamp.  VLC plays far more codecs than Winamp (and video
as well as audio), is open source, and its developers are far more
responsive than Winamp's.