[Live-devel] Streaming live AMR and H263P

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 28 06:41:07 PST 2006

At 06:01 AM 3/28/2006, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have an application which captures frames and mic audio and then
>converts them to h263p and AMR respectivly. How can I stream from a buffer
>which is being written at realtime? (buffer for video frames and buffer
>for audio).

See <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput>

Because your encoding application delivers discrete (H.263 video and
AMR audio) frames, then your "FramedSource" subclasses - that you
will write - should also deliver discrete frames.  (Don't just
concatenate the encoded frames into a buffer, otherwise you'll have
to parse the data into frames once again, before they can be streamed.)

Your H.263 video and AMR audio "FramedSource" subclasses will feed
into a "H263plusVideoRTPSink" and a "AMRAudioRTPSink" (not a
"*Source"), respectively.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>