[Live-devel] Save an sdp Stream to file

Pedro Nuno Pinto est-n-pinto at ptinovacao.pt
Tue Mar 28 09:09:45 PST 2006

Hi

I'm working on the development of a system that will allow an user to
send a stream to Darwin Streaming Server and for that stream to be
accessed by someone else. At the same time I would need to save that
stream into a file so that if in a conference some people are missing I
would have a video of it.

So what I would like, would be to save a stream that is being reflected
by Darwin Streaming Server to a file (.mov would be great). The stream
that I want to save is, an sdp stream, the video encoding is H263+
(1998) and audio is G711 mu-law. I'm using openRTSP but it isn't
working.

When I try to save it to a mov file, the result is a 1024ish bytes size
file even though it should be much bigger, and it's also invalid. If I
change the output of openRTSP to the default one (video + audio file)
they are saved correctly.

If I try to get a saved .mov file accessing DSS with openRTSP and saving
it to a mov file it works fine. But in this case it doesn't.

The command I'm using is openRTSP -q -y -e 30 "rtsp://.../....sdp"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your time and pardon me for my English

Pedro Pinto